Music To Grow On seeks to hire self-driven, motivated individuals with a passion and desire for providing Music Therapy services to toddlers, children, adolescents, adults, and older adults.
Music To Grow On is a mobile company, so a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required. As an employee, your responsibilities will range from direct services, Music Therapy consults, attending student’s IEP meetings, documentation, supervising Music Therapy Interns, and occasional special events.
One Opening available
Board Certified Music Therapist working with individuals and groups of all ages and abilities.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and provide appropriate music therapy interventions to support a variety of diagnoses and challenges ranging from physical, cognitive, emotional, and intellectual disabilities.
- Conduct group and individual sessions
- Establish therapeutic relations with clients of all ages
- Establish goals appropriate to the IEP in both full inclusion and special day class settings
- Establish age appropriate interventions to address goals
- Manage resources, including time, driving, client services, and equipment
- Document interventions as required for varied contracts
- Communicate with treatment teams
- Employ musical skills in non-therapeutic setting by teaching music lessons
- Provide engaging and interactive activities for children’s group
- Understand, participate in, and maintain all aspects of the IEP process for clients on the caseload
- Attend Individual Education Plan meetings
- Supervise interns and practicum students
- Entry Rate: $25.00 per hour
- Health Benefits
- Mileage reimbursement
- Professional liability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Employees are paid 1.5 hours for every direct service hour
- Bachelors Degree in Music Therapy (Approved by American Music Therapy Association)
- Board Certified Music Therapist
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent documentation and goal writing skills
- Work well independently but also a good team player
- Knowledge of Individual Education Plan processes
- Knowledge of developmental milestones
- Drivers license and car insurance
- Reliable car
- Clean background check
Hearing/listening, manual dexterity, speaking, and vision
At least one year experience in special education
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or protected veteran status.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, with some weekend events on occasion
Hours: This is an established full time position that would be taken over from another therapist.
Position to start as soon as possible.
Submit a resume to:
Bessie Barth, MT-BC
P.O. Box 980743
West Sacramento, California 95798