In addition to the application form, please submit the following by the deadline:
✔ Official transcript(s) from each university/college attended (transcripts can be sent to PO Box 980743, West Sacramento, California 95798)
✔ Academic Director’s letter of recommendation should include a statement of competency strengths and areas of need.
✔ Two additional letters of recommendation
✔ An interview scheduled with the internship director
✔ The essay question responses (listed below)
✔ Video submission answering prompts (listed below)
Please submit a written response to the following questions:
- Why would you like to complete an internship at Music To Grow On?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship experience?
- What skills do you possess that you feel best suit you in becoming a music therapist?
- Describe your experiences in leading individual interventions, working with other professionals/disciplines, and communicating verbally and written. Include explanation of clinical competency strengths and needs.
- Describe Music Therapy to a parent of a child with special needs.
Please prepare and submit videos based on the following simulations:
Applicants need to prepare videos of mock/simulated music therapy interventions, accompanied by guitar and/or piano. Due to privacy, please do not include videos of work with actual clients. Applicants are required to also provide a list of goals and objectives that are to be addressed by each.
- Preschool aged client working on speech development
- Young school aged client working on number, letter, beginning reading, or color recognition
- Middle school aged client with moderate to severe disabilities working on participation and interaction.
- Young adult aged client working on independent living skills.
- Adult with dual diagnoses (intellectual disability and mental health) working on instrument play to continue use of fine and gross motor skills.
- Senior adult in memory care working on engagement and participation in a group.
Have questions? Ready to submit your application materials? You can email Internship Director Bessie Barth at firstname.lastname@example.org.